The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018.
With that in mind, a great deal of thought has been given to why we need various pieces of data, and how we use it.
A number of changes have been made to the Neon Sine Software website.
- This describes more clearly what Personal Data we collect, how we use it, how we protect it, and when we delete it.
Updated Shop Terms and Conditions
Added Personal Data Query Form
- This enables customers to ask us what Personal Data we have about them.
- This enables customers to ask us to alter and correct the Personal Data we have on record. It also allows them to ask us to delete some of the information.
A minimal amount of address information is collected during ordering
- We just ask for the country and state/county now.
The option to comment on our blog posts has been removed This removes another place where Personal Data could be collected without consent. We may add this option back in future, but blog posts are not a high priority at the moment.
- 2 May 2018 — This was added back after further changes to this website.
It is no longer possible to create an account from the ‘My Account’ page
- Customers can only create accounts when placing an order, where they also have to consent to the terms and conditions. (Creating an account is still optional.)
The option of purchasing non-subscription keys has been removed
- This should eventually mean fewer requests to replace lost licence keys from many years ago, and therefore less need to retain and process Personal Data.