Just Barcodes Version 1.5.1
Release Date: 9 September 2017
- Updated licence agreement. Minor updates will still normally be free of charge, but NSS reserves the right to charge for updates in future.
- During the trial period, the OK button on the reminder window is enabled after 0.5 seconds, instead of 2 seconds.
Just Barcodes Version: 1.5.0
Release Date: 17 April 2011
- Renamed from Just Bar Codes to Just Barcodes.
- Added Batch Save. Barcode data can come from a list, a text file, or a CSV file (e.g. generated by a spreadsheet).
- Added the option to save barcode images as TIFF files, instead of just BMP files. There is support for optional compression for TIFF files. However, Vista and Windows 7 can fail to render such files correctly - see .
- Added the option to save BMP files in 1 bit per pixel format (previously, bitmap files used 8 bits per pixel).
- There is now much more control of the default barcode image file names.
- Added Preferences.
- Added the option to allow incorrect check digits for EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A and UPC-E. (This was requested by one of our customers, for specialised purposes.)
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.4.1
Release Date: 17 October 2007
- The maximum number of characters for Code 128, Code 39 and Interleaved 2 of 5 has been increased from 30 to 100.
- The maximum number of characters for EAN-128 has been increased from 50 to 100.
- The main window position is now remembered when closing Just Bar Codes.
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.4.0
Release Date: 15 May 2007
- The Bookland EAN (ISBN) symbology has been added, with the option of a 2 or 5 digit add-on code.
- The Bookland EAN symbology supports a choice of ISBN-10 and/or ISBN-13 with a number of formatting and alignment options.
- The human readable text positioning accuracy has been improved on all symbologies.
- Fixed a problem with the font button, when enabling / disabling the human readable.
- A missing % symbol has been added to the EAN-8 settings.
- More tests are now performed when opening a file, to check for missing settings etc.
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.3.1
Release Date: 21 June 2006
- The "licence expired" message has been updated.
Release Date: 21 May 2006
- The Interleaved 2 of 5 and ITF-14 symbologies have been added.
- The EAN-128 symbology now has the option to auto-calculate the SSCC check digit - when using application identifier (00).
- The Code 39 narrow bar width and inter-character space values are no longer measured in pixels. They are now specified in a resolution-independent way (in microns or mils). When opening a project file created with a previous version, the values are converted at the current resolution.
- The project file format has been updated, so less settings are shared between symbologies.
If you save a project file using version 1.3.0, it will not be possible to open it using a previous version of Just Bar Codes. If this matters to you, please make backup copies of your old project files before upgrading.
- The user interface has been revised to make room for more bar code settings.
- Some messages have been refined.
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.2.0
Release Date: 19 December 2005
- Project files (.jbc files) are are now associated with Just Bar Codes and can be opened by dragging and dropping onto the main Just Bar Codes window, or by double clicking etc. in Windows Explorer.
- The main window in now auto-centred at start-up.
- Introduced the Portuguese version.
- The correct application name is now shown when printing.
- The Code 39 maximum height is now stated correctly when using inches (3.9" instead of 4").
- Size units are now recorded correctly.
- The Auto Generate File Names setting is no longer saved in project files -- this is now saved with File / Use Current Settings As Defaults.
- Files saved using DPMM resolution units now load correctly.
- File / Exit now works correctly.
- Added a help button to the Enter Licence Key window.
- Improved some messages and corrected spelling mistakes in the help file.
- Added more information to the help file: Light Margins, Edit Menu, more Q & A.
- The reminder messages are a little more polite.
- Changed terminology from "Registration Key" to "Licence Key" and changed "Evaluation" to "Trial". Existing users can still use their old registration keys with this version.
- Corrected a problem that could have caused Just Bar Codes to unexpectedly exit with no warning when opening a file on some systems in certain situations.
- Although quite a number of small changes were made for this version, no changes were necessary in connection with the quality of the bar codes produced. In fact, this version produces exactly the same bar codes as the previous version. It is just easier and more pleasant to use!
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.1.1
Release Date: 28 July 2005
- Minor correction to an error message.
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.1.0
Release Date: 1 June 2005
- New symbologies added: Code 39, Code 128 and EAN-128.
Just Bar Codes Version: 1.0.0
Release Date: 27 April 2005
- First external release.
- With support for: EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A and UPC-E.