Last Updated: 4 May 2018
- ‘this Site’ means the Neon Sine Software website, at www.neonsinesoftware.co.uk.
- ‘Personal Data’ means any personally identifiable information such as your name and address, that can identify you as an individual.
Personal Data We Collect During Ordering
- We request and store the minimum amount of Personal Data possible from you.
- When you place an order, we ask for your name, email address, state/county and country. You may provide a company name too if you wish.
- We also ask for the name to which the software is to be licensed, which can be different. (This will be displayed on the ‘About’ screen in the software after you use the licence key.)
- The information you provide is used to process your order, generate, and deliver your licence key to your email address.
- We also use your information to provide you with replacements for lost keys, if we still have records and the key has not expired.
- You may also choose to create an account on this Site. This is entirely optional, but if you do so, it will enable you to view the status of your previous orders, and make it easier to place repeat orders.
- Payments are processed securely by PayPal.
- We never see your credit or debit card details.
Personal Data We Collect For Blog Comments
- You do not need to provide any Personal Data in order to access and read any of the materials posted on this Site.
- You have the option to leave comments on blog posts. This can be done without an account, or in some cases by creating / logging in to an account. In either case, your name, website URL (optional), email address and comments will be collected and stored on this Site.
- If you leave comments on this Site, remember that your name and comments will be displayed publicly on this Site, but your email address will not be displayed. If you provide a website URL, your name will link back to your website. See Terms and Conditions.
- We use your name and email address to help verify your identity when processing requests to delete comments.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
- We have to keep order records for seven years. These are stored securely on our local computer system and on this Site.
- Public comments are kept indefinitely on this Site, but you can ask us to delete them — see ‘Your Right to Control Your Personal Data’ below.
- At least once per year, we:
- Remove Personal Data from order records older than seven years, such as name, address, email address and phone number, which are stored on our local computer system.
- Delete order records older than seven years from this Site.
- Remove dormant accounts from this Site.
(A dormant account is one which has not been accessed for more than two years.)
- Archive emails which are more than two years old.
- Delete archived emails which are more than seven years old, unless there is a legal or other unusual requirement to keep them.
- When we delete Personal Data, it may still exist within our backup files another 3 months.
How We Look After Your Personal Data
- The local computer systems we use to process orders and keep records have encrypted storage and encrypted backups.
- We use ‘https’ to provide a secure connection to this Site, which helps protect your Personal Data during the ordering process and when using this Site in general.
- Any Personal Data which Neon Sine Software receives about you is kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone else, unless we are required to do so by law.
- Remember that comments on blog posts are displayed publicly — see ‘Personal Data We Collect For Blog Comments’ above.
- We will not sell or give away your Personal Data to third parties.
- We will not use your Personal Data to try to sell you products or updates.
Your Right to Control Your Personal Data
- If you wish to know what Personal Data we hold about you, please complete the Personal Data Query form.
- Personal Data is automatically deleted after certain periods of time, so we may no longer have a copy of your data.
See ‘How Long We Keep Your Personal Data’ for more details.
- We are happy to correct your Personal Data — simply complete the Personal Data Change form.
- We are happy to delete certain types of Personal Data sooner than normal on request, such as anything stored on this Site, your comments on blog posts, and certain emails, but we have to keep order records on our local computer systems for seven years.
- Deleted data may remain in backup files for 3 months.
Advertising and Tracking
- The only advertising and tracking used on this Site is on the FAQ pages, where we link to some books which are available on Amazon.
- These links are clearly labelled, and the disclosure given below is also displayed near those links.
- Amazon EU Associates Disclosure: Neon Sine Software is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
- This may change in future if we decide to introduce advertising to this Site.
Emails We Send
- We keep emails to a minimum — normally these are:
- An order acknowledgement email containing your temporary licence key: sent automatically, after you place an order.
- A second email containing the licence key which you ordered: sent by a human, after your order has been processed.
- Replies to support requests, and to any forms you have filled in on this Site.
- Emails connected with the administration of your account on this Site. e.g. password resets.
- We do not send reminder emails or update notification emails.
- We will not assist others to send you junk (spam) emails.
- We will not sell or give away your email address to third parties.
- We may add a newsletter in future, but this will not be sent unless you opt in. We will always respect any requests cancel any such emails.
How Our Software Products Use the Internet
- None of our software products contain “Spyware” — they do not secretly use your Internet connection.
- The only time our software uses your Internet connection is if you choose to click on a link to go to this Site.
- This page may be updated from time to time without notice.
- A summary of the changes is shown at the end of this page.
4 May 2018
- Improved clarity and made minor corrections.
3 May 2018
- Increased email retention times to better support old customers who have version 1 licence keys.
2 May 2018
- Added material relating to commenting on blog posts.
1 May 2018
- Substantial changes and more details added, in response to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6 December 2017
- Minor corrections and refinements.
3 December 2017
- First version for completely new and updated website, based on the Privacy page from the old website.