Last Updated: 30 April 2018
- In this document, ‘this Site’ means the Neon Sine Software website, at www.neonsinesoftware.co.uk.
What Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
- We request and store the minimum amount of personally identifiable information possible from you.
- When you place an order, we ask for your name, email address, state/county and country. You may provide a company name too if you wish.
- We also ask for the name to which the software to be licensed, which can be different. (This will be displayed on the 'About' screen in the software.)
- The information you provide is used to process your order, generate, and deliver your licence key to your email address.
- Your information is stored on our computer system, to help us to identify you in future, in case you should ask for a replacement key.
- You may also choose to create an account on this Site. This is entirely optional, but if you choose to do so, it will enable you to view the status of your previous orders, and make it easier to place repeat orders.
- Different information is collected if you write a comment on a blog post - see ‘Comments on Blog Posts’ later in this article.
- Payments are processed securely by PayPal.
- We never see your credit or debit card details.
How We Look After Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Any personally identifiable information that Neon Sine Software receives about you is kept strictly confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone else, unless we are required to do so by law.
- We will not sell or give away the information that you have given to us to third parties.
- We use ‘https’ to provide a secure connection to this Site, which helps protect your information when you place an order.
- The computer system we use to process orders and keep records has encrypted storage and encrypted backups.
How Long We Keep Your Personally Identifiable Information
- From April 2018 onwards, we only sell subscription licence keys (version 2), which expire after either 3 or 12 months.
- If you do not buy a new subscription licence key after your old one expires, we will delete all the personally identifiable information that we have about you after three months. (*)
- This means we delete your name, email address and company name, and we delete your account from this Site if you created one.
- Waiting three months gives you time to renew your subscription.
- For customers who bought version 1 keys which do not expire, we will delete your personally identifiable information two years after your purchase. (*)
(*) We delete old records once every month, so it may take up to one more month before data is actually deleted in some cases, depending on the day of the month you placed your original order.
Your Right to Control the Information We Have About You
- If you wish to know what personally identifiable information we hold about you, please complete the Personal Information Query form.
- Note that if your subscription has lapsed for three months or more, we will have deleted your details. This will also be the case if you bought an older (version 1) product more than two years ago.
- We are happy to correct or delete your personally identifiable information - simply complete the Personal Information Change form.
- Once we have deleted your personally identifiable information, it may still exist within our backup files for up to 3 months longer (approximately).
Advertising and Tracking
- The only advertising and tracking used on this Site is on the FAQ pages, where we link to some books which are available on Amazon.
- These links are clearly labelled, and the disclosure given below is also displayed near those links.
- Amazon EU Associates Disclosure: Neon Sine Software is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.co.uk.
- This may change in future if we decide to introduce advertising to this Site.
Emails We Send
- We keep emails to a minimum - normally these are:
- An order acknowledgement email with your temporary licence key.
- A second email containing the licence key which you ordered.
- Replies to support requests, and to any forms you have filled in on this Site.
- Notifications connected with any comments you may have made on blog posts.
- We will not assist others to send you junk (spam) emails.
- We will not sell or give away your email address to third parties.
- We may add a newsletter in future, but this will not be sent unless you opt in. We will always respect any requests cancel any such emails.
Comments on Blog Posts
- You may choose to write comments on the blog posts found on this Site.
- This Site is open to the public. If you choose to leave comments, you should consider your comments carefully, and not post anything which you wish to keep private.
- By posting comments on this Site, you grant us the perpetual right to display, publish, reproduce, distribute and copy the information contained therein.
- You may comment without an account, by providing your name, email address, and (optionally) your website URL.
- Alternatively, you may log in to your account on this Site to leave a comment. Your name and comment will appear publicly on this Site, together with a link to your website (if provided).
- You may not post anything which is obscene, fraudulent, defamatory or threatening.
- We reserve the right to edit or remove comments.
- Should you wish to delete your comment, please contact us with details of the comment, article, your name and email address. If the details are valid, we will carry out your request. However, you should be aware that the information in your comment may have already been copied and used elsewhere, even if we delete it from the original article on this Site at your request. We have no control of other websites which may use your comments.
How Our Software Products Use the Internet
- None of our software products contain "Spyware" - they do not secretly use your Internet connection.
- The only time our software uses your Internet connection is if you choose to click on a link to go to this Site.
- This page may be updated from time to time without notice.
30 April 2018
- Substantial changes and more details added, in response to the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
6 December 2017
- Minor corrections and refinements.
3 December 2017
- First version for completely new and updated website, based on the Privacy page from the old website.